Whoa, I thought I was only behind in my updates by a month or so… oops, how did 3 months get away from me?!?! Well, what can I say – things have drastically changed in my life, with a new chapter in my career and all… I’m loving it so much that all this financial stuff is taking a backseat… but that’s a good thing! So satisfying to feel fulfilled, inspired and absolutely content at work again… has changed my outlook entirely. I’ve said many, many times in the last few months – I feel like a different person now than I was just 6 months ago… anyhoo, let’s get on with it!
Got my long-awaited backpay this month, so lots to update!!
- $10,722 in RESP contributions – We contributed $2,500 in August, bringing our year-to-date total to $10,725, so MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!! Because we maxed out our RESP for the year, we now started adding to our RRSP, with $400 going in this month.
- Make at least 5 extra mortgage payments – Made a $3,815 lump sum payment this month, which is the equivalent of just over 5 mortgage payments, so MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!
- Annual spend under $75K, including at least 4 months under $6K and at least one month under $5K – Our August spend was a bit high, coming in at $7,116.58, bringing our year-to-date total to $53,863.87. Unfortunately, we’re still off target here. Only thing of note this month, other than the extra investments and mortgage payments that I’ve already mentioned, was putting $2K down on our property taxes.
- NOT incur any consumer debt – None incurred, so on track.
- Assemble a binder of financial information – Did not make any progress in August, but still somewhat on track.
Sure felt good to get an extra chunk of change this month, and to finally to able to check off some of these goals!! Extra satisfying to put ‘extra’ money to good use rather than spending frivolously… of course, hubby and kids would rather have a ski/fishing boat than RESPs and a decreasing mortgage balance, but I’m hoping someday they’ll thank me for these prudent financial decisions… and don’t worry about these people being deprived – as a family, we have a pretty full, abundant life!! And besides, between my parents, cousin, and aunt and uncle, we’ve been on boats PLENTY this summer!! Would seem foolish to pay big bucks for something we’re already getting for free!! Haha!
Stay cool, my friends!