The kids are back in school, curling and hockey start up this week, the days are getting shorter and pumpkin spice, sweaters and scarves are all out in full force… fall is officially here.
- $12,500 in RESP contributions – I’m still investing $1,240 a month, but now only $400 of that is going towards the RESP, and the rest is going into my TFSA. So with that $400, my year-to-date total in RESP contributions sits at $11,460. This goal will be met once we’ve contributed $400 in each of the next 3 months, so definitely on track. Although it isn’t really part of my goal, I’ll include my TFSA contributions here as well, which now sit at $840.
- Increase automatic investment amounts ($500/month excluding pension contributions at Jan 1) – This is my ‘pay myself first’ goal, and my automatic investment amount now sits at $1,240/month, so goal accomplished.
- Annual spend under $80K – Our September spend was $5,319.20, which is our cheapest month so far this year!! Woot woot! Our year-to-date spend now stands at $55,560.37. The 3/4 point for this goal is $60K, so we’re doing well, but like I said, we’ve got some pretty pricey months ahead. I’m pretty confident we’re going to meet this goal, but it might be tighter than what current figures suggest.
- Increase our saving % (20% at Jan 1) – This now sits at about 33% of our gross income, so goal accomplished.
- NOT incur any consumer debt – None incurred. Goal accomplished.
- Declutter at least 2 things a day – Like I said in an earlier update, I’m not feeling this goal anymore. I still declutter from time to time, but I’m not tracking this in any way anymore. Goal may or may not be accomplished, and I don’t care too much so long as more stuff is leaving than entering our house, which I think is still the case.
Three quarters done, and doing well!! It’s looking more and more like the only goal I won’t be able to check off at the end of the year is the decluttering goal, but I can live with that… Meeting the rest of the goals MORE than make up for that!