And just like that, I’m all caught up! Phew… here’s October!!
- $10,722 in RESP contributions – MISSION ACCOMPLISHED! Because our RESP is now maxed out for the year, we added $1,200 to our RRSP, bringing our year-to-date total to $2,400.
- Make at least 5 extra mortgage payments – MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!
- Annual spend under $75K, including at least 4 months under $6K and at least one month under $5K – October is typically horrendous for our finances, and 2018 was no different!! Our October spend was a cringe-worthy $8,399.86, bringing our year-to-date total to $67,980.59, and decidely dashing any remaining hope there might have been of meeting this goal. Expenses of note:
- 3 payday month, which means 3 mortgage payments instead of 2.
- just over $1,700 in sports-related expenses. Ouch. Have I ever mentioned I. HATE. OCTOBER.?!?! Partial hockey fees x 2, canteen shift buyouts x 2, tourney fees x 3, team fees x 3, junior curling fees, ladies curling fees, mixed curling fees x 2, hunting trip costs, and so on. I. hate. October.
- remaining $825 of our property taxes
- high utilities bills (nearly $730), with 2 cell phone / internet bills (this sometimes happens because of our billing cycle), and our quarterly water and satellite bills also due this month.
- NOT incur any consumer debt – None incurred, so on track.
- Assemble a binder of financial information – Did not make any progress in October… almost time to admit partial defeat here too…
Again, can’t let those missed goals get me down. Overall, it’s looking to be another positive year overall, financially speaking.